In this photo, I was on the plane en route home from Spain and woke up abruptly screaming (sorry for the dark poor quality photo).
Well, what happened was I decided to watch a thriller movie and don’t know why because I usually don’t do well with them. While I was watching the movie, I must have fallen asleep and the rest is history. The passenger in front of me was smart enough to capture the Kodak moment on camera.
So decided the next best thing is to embrace the two W’s…Wine and Writing plus the music channel.
Here I go, a small reflection post with a more detailed trip summary to follow.
For this trip to Spain, my huge take away was STRENGTH, COURAGE AND INSPIRATION. So I came up with a somewhat poetic way (post thriller scream embarrassing situation) of expressing the top personal lessons I took away from this trip.
- Test your limits to establish a baseline and see what you got (while still keeping a sane and safe mind).
- Try mastering the art of balancing out pushing at your onsight level, pushing right at your limit and pushing just a tiny bit above your limit.
- Step Out of Your Comfort Zone just enough to grow and progress.
- Identify your fears and conquer them one tiny step at a time.
- Dream Small, Big and Even Bigger so you have the present doable climbs, the ones you are working for and ones you are shooting for (even if in your dreams).
- Find someone that inspires you and let them know it.
He or she that watches thriller movies and are freaked out by them in business class with down comforter, plush pillows, wine and good food is a recipe for disaster. ~A not so wise Spanish Destination Climber